Crabtree Farms will host the 10th annual Fall Plant Sale and Festival on Saturday, from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. The family-friendly event is free and open to the public, and parking is free. With local vendors, live music, gardening talks and hundreds of vegetable, perennial herb, and fruiting bushes and trees to choose from, the Fall Plant Sale & Festival offers something for all gardeners.
Vendors at this year’s Fall Plant Sale & Festival:
- Fantasy Hills Farm- selling vegetable seedlings
- 423 Soaps- selling handcrafted soaps and balms
- Mary Beth Sanders- selling vegetable plants and home canned goods made from organic and local produce
- Humble Crumb- selling home-baked goods
- Famous Nater’s World Famous- food truck selling fresh made sandwiches and salads
Free Gardening Talks offered:
- 10:30 a.m.: “Growing an Herbal Pharmacy” with Medical Herbalist Holli Richey
- 11:30 a.m.: “The Basics of Composting” with Master Gardener Bud Hines
- 1:00 p.m.: Organic Gardening Q&A with Joel Houser
Plants for sale include:
- Vegetables: “Walla Walla” Onion, “Napa” Cabbage, and “Toscano” Kale
- Herbs: “Munstead” Lavender, Stevia, and Lemon Verbana
- Fruits: Raspberries, Blueberries, Blackberries and Figs
For a complete list of plants available from Crabtree Farms, and directions to the farm, visit http://www.crabtreefarms.org
Free tours of the farm will also be offered at 10:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. with the staff of Crabtree Farms (a $4 value).
Directions to Crabtree Farms: Take I-24 into Chattanooga to the Rossville Boulevard South exit. Go ½ mile south on Rossville Blvd. to East 30th Street. Right on East 30th Street. Stay on the center road, wind through residential neighborhood. East 30th Dead Ends at Crabtree Farms. Drive up to the Barn.