The Hamilton County Farm Tour will be Thursday, July 26. Check–in begins at 8:15 a.m. The bus will leave promptly at 9 a.m. from the J. Merle Crawley Agriculture Service Center, 6183 Adamson Circle, and will return by 3:30 p.m.
The tour will be $5 per person (Checks payable to Hamilton County SCD) and includes lunch and transportation. Registration deadline is July 23.
This year’s tour will include:
• Fish Pond Management – Topics of discussion are Design, Construction, Pond Fertilization with Fish Sampling, Keeping a Pond Balanced & Aquatic Herbicides
• Access Control/ Livestock Exclusion Fencing
• Concrete Watering Tanks w/ Gravity Flow System from the ponds
• Benefits of Rotational Grazing
• Tour of TDA Ag Enhancement Project
• Tour of NWSG/Switchgrass Field for Livestock Forage & Wildlife Habitat
*Commercial Pesticide Applicator Points will be available
For registration and more information, please call Hamilton County Soil Conservation District at 894-1687, Ext. 3.
Organizers said, "Space is limited so please make reservations soon. Please contact us if you have special dietary or accessibility needs. We will be outside so remember to wear appropriate footwear and bring that sunscreen and/or bug spray if needed."