Red Bank firefighters responded to a reported house fire at 333 West Midvale Ave., on Monday, around 12:30 p.m.
When the first engine arrived on the scene, they reported fire showing in the front of the house. They quickly extinguished the fire and contained it to the two rooms.
Red Bank Fire officials reported the two residents were home asleep when they awoke to the smell of smoke. They evacuated the house and called 911.
The Red Bank Fire Department requested a Mutual Aid response for additional manpower.
The Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department and Walden's Ridge Emergency Services responded to the scene to assist the Red Bank Fire Department.
Red Bank fire officials reported the fire was accidental due to unattended smoking material. Damages are listed at $60,000. No injuries were reported.